Monday, February 4, 2008

More on the Homeless Vets

What a world we live in.

Bill O'Reilly remains steadfast in his statement that 90% of the homeless vets are either addicts or have mental illnesses. He maintains that there's help available and all that our wounded warriors have to do is ask for it. I call horse manure on that statement. Its not as easy as going up and showing your dogtags and saying "Hey. I'm a homeless vet and I need help."There's also the very real problem of veterans being turned away from V.A. hospitals and other offices due to lack of room or finances.

What do you say to these people Mr. O'Reilly? Whose fault will it be then? What circumstance will you blame the next time a veteran dies of hypothermia because he was turned away from a V.A. facility? What liberal group will you blame then?

This is an issue that should transcend party lines. At least Edwards was talking about the problem and demanding a solution. What did you do? You ran a smear campaign against Edwards. Trying to ridicule his position and make the problem seem less important than it really is. That's the attitude that ensures that problems never get solved. After all there's already a solution, they can just go the V.A. and ask for help. Oh wait. I've already covered that haven't I?

I'll give you credit for visiting the troops overseas. I'd give you MORE credit if you had gone without your camera crew; but then you wouldn't have the footage showing what a great guy you are. So I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon. Our soldiers deserve more than the pittance we allot to help them. They deserve the very best care available.

I promised you that I would continue to speak out on this. I look forward to seeing your "big story on the vets" this Thursday. If I find it untoward you can rest assured that I will write about it. Its long past time that We the People took a stand on this. To our wounded warriors know this. I will continue to speak out about this, and I'm one of the people who truly appreciates what you've done for your country.

That's all for now.
May the Lord bless you and may the Lord keep you, may He make His Face to shine upon you. Amen and amen.

End of line.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with Bill - he is on the mark.

9 out of 10 homeless vets are either on drugs, drinking way more than they should or mentally ill~

jkdjr25 said...

Alright then. What should we, as a nation, do for these wounded warriors? If you think Bill is in the right then step up and offer solutions or step aside.