Sunday, October 21, 2007

Israel and Where I Stand

I'd like to take this opportunity to extend my heartfelt and abject apologies to the Jewish people and the nation of Israel for the centuries of anti-Semitism that was born in the misguided teaching of the early Church fathers. I never knew some of the things I do now and I humblely ask their forgiveness for our mistakes.

To those of you wondering what I'm talking about: I just finished reading "In Defense of Israel" by Pastor John Hagee. To say that it was eye-opening would too soft a turn of phrase. I learned more about the history of our two peoples, Christians and Jews, in the two days it took to read than I ever have from a single pastor of any other church I've been to in my 34 years of life.

I want to let my Jewish brothers and sisters know that I stand with them in defending and supporting Israel and its right to exist. I support them in their desire to see Jeruselem undivided. I support their absolute right to defend themselves from the terrorist attacks of their neighbors. No longer should the people of Israel be forced to give up land or make concessions in the name of peace. Time and time again their neighbors have shown themselves to be unwilling to cease their attacks with no reaction from the rest of the world. Should Israel defend itself, however, suddenly everything becomes Israel's fault. This MUST stop.

I look to the pages of history and I see a trend. Every empire or imperial wannabe that has tried to destroy Israel and her people are dust in the wind. From Pharoh in ancient Egypt, who tried to work the children of Israel to death, to the Babylonians, the Ottomans, the Romans, Hitler and his Nazi goons, ALL of them have fallen to dust. Lord Jehovah looks after His people.
I stand with my Jewish brothers and sisters in praying for the peace of Jersusalem and to them I say don't lose hope. Israel and Jerusalem will endure and survive. Both history and the Bible teach us this.

That's all for now all.
"End of line."

No comments: