Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What's a Chrsitan to Do?

As we enter into yet another election cycle I find myself asking an important, to me anyway, question. What's a Christian to do? I don't find Rudy Guliani to be a very appealing candidate for a number of reasons. Yet if I vote for a third part candidate, as many Christian voters are threatening to do this year, then the odds are we'll be looking at the Clintons being in office again; and I really don't want to see that again.

I think that Christians have become too attached to a singular party these days. We do need to have representation that reflects our beliefs but these days the republican party is moving further and further away from that model. The Democratic party, too, seems to be pandering more and more to the fringe of their movement as well. I truly want to believe that most Democrats don't think like the minds behind Moveon.org or Media Matters.

So, again, I ask the question, what's a Christian to do? The answer is really quite simple. Vote your conscience and vote your principals. We've compromised enough for the sake of "electability". I encourage voters to stop with the "electability" nonsense and vote what your conscience demands.

As for me? Well that's easily answered. MY criteria are as follows:
1. Be a PUBLICLY practicing Christian, 2. Be Pro-Israel, 3. Be Pro-Life, 4. Be ready to defend our country from all threats both foreign and domestic with or without the United Nations backing us, 5. Be against poverty, 6. Be against racism, 7. Be for finding common sense solutions to our common problems.

There are other criteria, to be sure, but those are my top seven. I'm sure there are those who won't agree with me. Doesn't mean I'm wrong though.

Until next time all.
To quote the movie: "End of line".

No comments: