Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hurt

Sometimes I really don't understand my sister.

We've never really gotten along but looking back on my life it seems like she's taken every opportunity to snipe at me or act ugly towards me. For the life of me I can't figure out what I ever could have done to deserve being treated like that. I'll admit that I wasn't always the best brother I could have been; but I always stood up for her and I always had her back. I don't know if she ever had mine.

I remember that she always stood with her friends, even when they were being, well I suppose unkind would be one way of putting it. I realize that I don't even know who my sister is, at least not really. She wears so many masks and has so many walls up that I don't think I've ever seen the real her.

I understand that part of it is that we're both very different people. We think differently, we have different priorities, we have different likes and dislikes. Something more is going on though, and I have no idea what that might be.

Maybe she just doesn't like me, maybe she resents the fact that I still live at home, maybe its any number of things. Whatever it is, she needs to stop. I have faith that things will work out, but its very hard when you think that your own sister may hate you for no reason.

That's all for now everyone
End of line

No comments: