Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Day

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the men and women of the United States armed forces for their courage and sacrifice. If not for their bravery and dedication we wouldn't have the freedoms we so cherish and hold to be sacred.

Thank you for you dedication to God, family and country. Thank you for being there to defend us and our constitution. Yours is a task that takes a very special kind of person to accomplish. The ability to fight, die and kill for people you'll never know is something to be respected. Doublly so since there are so many in our country who hate you for the simple reason that you joined the military.

Allow me to thank you all once again for what you do for our country. Know that there are many, many people like me who love you and honor the sacrifices you make for the rest of us to be free.

I'll close this with a quote from G.K. Chesterton: "The true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him; but because he loves what is behind him."

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

That's all for now and God bless

End of line.

No comments: