Monday, January 14, 2008

Communicating Hope

This election cycle we're seeing someone very rare. We're seeing a man who has the very rare ability to communicate hope. Now keep in mind that I don't agree with a lot of his political stances, but Barak Obama does have the ability to talk to people and talk about hope. There are others who try but they come off as being insincere or just pandering to the crowd that they're talking to. He talks about having real change, a change for the better; and he does have a point. Hillary Clinton may have experience as a politician but that's precisely the problem. Its just more of the same. In my lifetime I've seen Reagan, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, and Bush. We don't need a repeat performance of the Co-Presidency that was the eight years of Bill Clinton.

That's not change, its just more politics as usual.
Barak represents something new, something that people like Hillary will never really understand. He represents the people, in his own way.
We're living in a time when people need to hear the message of hope. We need to hear speaches that make us stand a little taller and be reminded that its ok to be proud to be an American.

Sometimes that's what we, as Americans, need. Yes there are many problems that I've lamented over in previous posts, and yes I'll likely not vote for Obama myself because I don't agree with a lot of his politcal stances; but I'm not sure if I'd be as upset over the situation if he won. He's bringing a message to people that they need to hear. That hope isn't dead or a passe concept. Hope is something that we have to believe in because we're Americans, and look at what we've done.

I'm glad to be alive in such a time as this. To be able to look at what's going on and bring my perspective on things is a great blessing to me. To my knowledge there were only two other men who had the gift of communication to the degree that Barak Obama does, JFK and Ronald Reagan. That's pretty impressive company as far as I'm concerned.

To those voters here in Michigan that are planning on voting in the primaries, I'd like to add my vote to others who have commented on the situation.

If you want to make your voice heard vote undecided. Write in votes, for whatever asinine reason, aren't counted. Show your party that you believe in hope and that you believe in the one delivering the message.

That's all for now. May the Lord bless you and may the Lord keep you, may He make His Face to shine upon you. Amen and amen

End of line.

No comments: