Monday, January 7, 2008

Cruelty

Sometimes people can be exceedingly cruel.

That's a fact of life that I learned at an early age. Sometimes though someone can go beyond the pale with it.

There hasn't been a lot of movement on another blog of mine, and I'm generally ok with that. However someone decided to comment on a post I wrote about a family tragedy. In that comment the person decided that they would ridicule my faith, using the tragedy to do so. I didn't comment on it, I deleted it.

Now there are people who are going to think that I should have left the comment there, but I disagree. Here and at my other blog I have one, ironclad rule. Disagree with me all you want, but keep it civil.

I don't particularly care if someone agrees with me or not. If you're cruel about it I will delete the comment without a second thought. If I find it goes really beyond the pale then I'll report it.

I've always found it to be odd that the people who rant the longest about the intolerance of Christians are, themselves, the most intolerant people in the world.

That's all for now. May the Lord bless you and may the Lord keep you, may He make His Face to shine upon you. Amen and amen.

End of line.

No comments: