Friday, March 14, 2008

The Ides of March

The Ides of March are upon us and with them comes the next global protest against the Church of $cientology by the internet group known as Anonymous.

The last protest, held Feb. 10th of 2008, gathered over 7600 people world wide in peaceful protest against the practices and tax exempt status of the Church of $cientology. It was an amazing accomplishment and I salute you Anonymous for pulling it off.

I'd known of the existence of Scientology for a while, I just never knew exactly what it was they believed in. Then I saw the infamous "Trapped in a Closet" episode of South Park and I thought to myself, "Wow that's a whole lot of crazy, but it's their choice." For a long time after that I never even thought about the issue.

Then something happened. I was on YouTube just randomly searching around and I found the Tom Cruise video and watched it. Needless to say I was mildly disturbed by it in many ways. So I started doing some digging. Through that research I discovered Mark Bunker's videos and began watching them with the intent of learning all I could. I checked out numerous websites and kept learning and with each new revelation I became more sure that people like the Wise Beard Man were to be admired for their work and their pickets.

It was then that I saw the first Anonymous video, and for the first time in a long, long time my Faith was rekindled. Not just in the notion that people will come together to fight injustice, but that God was looking out for me. The follow up videos stirred something in my heart and soul that I hadn't felt in a long time and I thank God for letting me stumble on to the videos and I thank Anonymous for posting them.

You are my heroes Anonymous. Keep up the great work. I'll keep writing about the pickets and the other issues I care about. You are showing us once again just what power to the people really means.

That's all for now.

May the Lord bless you and may the Lord keep you, may He make His Face to shine upon you. Amen and amen.

End of line

P.S. For further information about the abuses of Scientology please visit the following websites and come to your own conclusions.
http://www.xenu.net/
http://www.xenutv.com/
http://www.whyaretheydead.net/
http://www.whyweprotest.net/

Thank you

No comments: