Saturday, March 8, 2008

The President, Elections and Protests, oh my

Here we are my friends and compatriots and boy do I have some things to talk about today.

The news just broke that President Bush vetoed a bill that would have banned the use of waterboarding as well as other "harsh interrogation techniques". The truth be told I expected this, though I'm not happy about it in the least. His reason for doing so, at least according to the reports I've seen, are that the CIA needs to do these things as a means of gathering crucial information needed to protect the country. That line of thought doesn't make any sense at all. Every major psychological study on this subject tell us that torture doesn't work as a means of gathering information; because people will say anything to make it stop. Even if you could get valuable information that way there is still the morality of such things. It is reprehensible to torture prisoners and to hold people without charge.

Now some of you will say that it is ok to waterboard and other such things because our enemies would do worse to our people. I'm sorry but that's not the point. The point is that we're the United States of America, we're not supposed to do those kinds of things because its evil and its wrong. As a citizen of the United States I demand that our leaders cease and decist these heinous practices and abide by the rule of law.

This leads me to my second point, the election. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm pretty sick and tired of the nonsense going on here. We have McCain on the republican side, someone who at least seems to want to talk about the issues rather than his opponents' names or whether or not they're qualified. I get the same impression from Barack Obama and I like that. Personally I'd like to see a race between Obama and McCain in the genreal election. I've seen the Clinton years already and I really don't want to go back to that again.

With that being said I have to say that I'm not really surprised at the lengths Senator Clinton seems to be willing to go to in order to be her party's nomination. Now please keep in mind that much of this is purely based on my perceptions, and I don't claim them to be the correct ones. The red phone ad is a prime example of this and I'll show you why. It is my understanding that the ad features images of young people and an infant about to go to bed and asks the question of who the audience would rather have in the white house. That kind of makes me blink because that could be construed as being really racist in a way. I might be wrong in how I precieved this so I'm willing to listen to other people and see what they though. Anyway my point is that Clinton seems to, from my perspective, be coming just short of demanding that she be the nominee no matter what. If that happens, despite who has the popular vote, then I think the Democratic party may have some problems.

My third point today is reminding you all that the Ides of March are fast approaching. This holds some special significance for two reasons, beyond the Shakespear reference that is. The first is that March 15th is L. Ron Hubbard's birthday, not really important to me but it plays into the second reason as to why its an important day. That date is also the date set for a second world wide protest against the Church of Scientology by Anonymous. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am at people stepping up and speaking out against the human rights abuses and villianous tactics by the organization behind Scientology. I hope to go to the Michigan protest myself but I can't commit to going because of my health. I encourage everyone to go to www.xenutv.com www.xenu.net www.whyaretheydead.net http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2008/03/02/the-ides-of-march/ and http://www.exscientologykids.com/inde...

Look into those pages and do your own research. Come to your own conclusions and speak out against injustice.

That's all for now all.

May the Lord bless you and may the Lord keep you, may He make His Face to shine upon you.
Amen and amen

End of line

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support!